Friday, March 27, 2009

Some old garbage

Here is some crusty old junk from a while ago! Dig in!


So this is my kinda interpretation of the starbucks logo. Really, this is what it is and this is what she's doing. She's a two-tailed siren... spreading her fish tail-legs. I guess they used to show her full body, but later decided to have it cropped tastefully. You know, so she's not showing you her... stuff. I didn't actually intend for this to turn out so dirty... it just kinda happend. I may make some kinda background for this at some point, we'll see if I get bored of the drawing or not.



I started this about 12 years ago and just finished it recently. It's an idea I had for a t-shirt design. Turned out okay, I thought. I really wanted to add her creepy smile and fang, but I couldn't get it to look right. Midna is the hottest dumpy imp around in my opinion.

I should mention this thing. I decided I want to club this guy and eat his flesh to gain his superior artistic abilities. Check out Shane Gline's page:

http://www.shaneglines.net/

I was just kidding about the flesh eating thing. He is pretty awesome though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I think Starbucks should buy your drawing and make it their new official logo. Secondly, I could see how you wanted to add the smile, that would have been pretty awesome, but the design is still pretty sweet, especially the way she's only semi-visible, half-hidden in the shadows that presumably form the shirt itself.

G B Laird said...

thanks a lot... anonymous!

Goldfinger said...

Hahahaha. That's what sucks about the net. Who could this possibly be?

Goldfinger said...

Also, to whom it may concern, try setting the Midna pick as a background for your desktop. It's surprisingly well proportioned.

Hits