Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pay as you exit!

Sweet Deal! Check THIS shit out:

Classy Arachnid.


It started with this crummy drawing (above) I did at work one day. I liked the concept, so I decided to sit down and work it out. While I was sketching it, I had the extra limbs kinda roughed out. I thought it was interesting so I ran with it. Now you know how some half assed doodle turned into some half assed drawing. I've really been into the retro stuff lately. I wish I were around in 1950.



So the idea for this one came from the girl at the coffee shop. I went up to her and asked what I should draw. Now, most girls would say "draw me!" or "draw a horse!" or something else fuzzy and cute. Ugh. No, I swear to god this is exactly what she asked me to draw. I kind of stood there dumbfounded after she said it... So, I just had to finish it for her. I think she liked it.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like both of these. I bet the root beer sketch would look pretty sweet if it were coloured. Just a thought. And the remax balloon is an especially nice touch. And as weird as this might sound, there's something in the simplicity of the original, "Arachnid Lady," (back before she had eight limbs) that I like that the newer one doesn't quite have. Hard to put my finger on, though. Though the more polished one is awesome too, of course.

G B Laird said...

Thanks cool guy

Erika said...

Half assed doodles sometimes give you the most dynamite ideas - that Classy Arachnid is killer!

Hits