Friday, July 17, 2009

It's dangerous to go alone!


Take this!



My sort-of self portrait. I guess it's more accurate to say it represents me. I'm much fatter in real life. Anyway, this was inspired by the Legend of Zelda. Because as Ocarina of Time taught us, holding a chicken above your head grants the ability to glide! I'll have to try it out sometime.

Pencil Crayon on bristol paper. Although, I did clean up the background in photoshop after I scanned it. I'm a cheater. Oh yeah, and be sure to zoom up on this one. Pencil crayon looks awesome when it's scanned in!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I would have liked to see is a little more terror in the chicken's eyes. Other than that, it's awesome, especially the contrast between the boy's freedom, happiness and liberation of spirit and the chicken's misery and obvious inability to escape it's fate. So what you're saying with this piece is that it is impossible to enjoy life or get anywhere without causing others pain and bringing them down. I like it, very subtle and universally true. Your work just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

G B Laird said...

Whoa, man you're WAY off

Mackenzie said...

This is the best ever! I want to frame it!!

Goldfinger said...

Lol, as they always say, once you put your work out there it takes on a life of its own.

I thought it was sort of a throwback to childhood, when videogames were all you had to worry about. Now THAT'S freedom.

G B Laird said...

Thanks, kids. Good efforts!

Hits