Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's like looking in a living snow-mirror

Caricatures.

Here are some:


I did this one about 2 years ago, for this guy named Kevin from Calgary. I guess he was retiring. You can see him in a few of the pictures... he's supposed to be juggling them, I know, it looks stupid. Hey, it's what they wanted though, and they were the ones paying for it. Made with ink & photoshop.

Here are some far more interesting people:


Here's my good friend David Littlejohns, I did this at the market collective a while back. He's a pretty rad dude, as you can tell from this smirky picture of him. Pencil & ink.

Incidentally, Dave just started a new blog recently. Check it out, his stuff kicks ass:
http://www.anomalousartifacts.blogspot.com/


This is my friend Jackie, I did this for her birthday. She was easy to caricature, many stand-out features. Illustrator & Photoshop.


Here's Ben, he's about the coolest guy I've met in Montreal. Don't worry, he's usually much more photogenic. Illus/PS.


This is my friend Shannon, who I've known for about 20 years. I made her eyes WAY too big, but I was too lazy to fix them. Isn't she cute? Illus/PS


This is the crew from Kinksource. From left to right:
Dave R, Lance B, Kevin M, Becky V, this guy, David L (again). I made this for our first CD exchange, which was a whole lot of fun. If any of you guys are reading this, CD swap round 4 in January? Yes/no? Illus/PS

So, who wants one? I will start doing them for the limited time low-low-price of 10 dollars! Makes a great Christmas present, sure why not.

...come on!

2 comments:

Goldfinger said...

I laugh every time I see the Dave Littlejohns drawing. "Buy one of my records" is such a funny statement with that drab facial expression.

Also, is the "Come on" line at the bottom from that like, franklin theme song from arrested development?

G B Laird said...

haha, totally, you called it. Thanks!

Hits