Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Whatever happened to Fay Ray?


Get ready for more of the same:


Mermaids are fun to draw, because you don't have to draw legs. Inked this with the brush pen.


This doodle was sitting on some scrap paper by my desks for weeks, and somehow it caught my interest. Something about this sketch just looks right to me. It's a rare thing when I draw something that I like better after time has passed.


I liked it enough to ink it in illustrator...


...and shade it in photoshop. Just a little quickie job, nothing special.


That's all I've got for now. I'm not sorry.

Thanks for coming!

3 comments:

David said...

Sweet pic. I always wanted to bag me a mermaid...I think every guy does. I figured I could just put her in a sleeping bag and pull her around on a skateboard.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or are the mermaid's ears a little elfish? Kind of a neat touch. Also, I still like your Sky Captain character. You should draw her piloting something, or parachuting out of something, or otherwise airborne. Or not. Just a thought.

Guy Laird said...

I likes the mermaid, junior.

Hits